The Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) supports the goals of organizations that share common interests and that advocate in support of community safety, innovation, and responsive policing. The Commission also recognizes the importance of partnering with other community organizations and agencies and may offer support to these organizations that share the values or objectives of the Commission.
SUPPORT: May refer to financial, in-kind, or formal statements of support by Commissioners and/or the Executive Director.
- A decision to hold a membership in an organization shall be done by formal resolution.
- Organizations that warrant support and membership include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Canadian Association of Police Governance (CAPG);
- Canadian Association of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement ( CACOLE);
- Alberta Association of Police Governance (AAPG);
- Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA).
- The Commission shall review and approve Commission memberships yearly.
- Memberships held by individual Commissioners on behalf of the Commission must be approved by formal resolution.
- Financial donations, over and above membership fees, shall be limited to CAPG and AAPG.