The Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) may form either standing or ad hoc committees to examine and report on issues that fall under their authority and responsibility and to assist the Commission in completing its responsibilities.
- In order for the Commission to carry out its mandate as outlined in the Police Act, the Commission will establish the following Standing Committees:
•Finance and Audit Committee
•Professional Standards Committee
•Human Resources Committee
- 2.All Standing Committees shall have a minimum of three members appointed.
- Membership and terms of reference for all committees of the Commission shall be determined by formal resolution of the Commission.
- At the first meeting of the year the Commission will appoint members to all Standing Committees.
- The Commission will set the meeting schedule for each Standing Committee.
- Each committee will elect a Chair at their first meeting of the year.
- The Chair of each committee is responsible for establishing a formal agenda for each meeting.
- All committees will follow the rules outlined in Appendix B – Meeting Procedures for the business portion of their meetings.
- No committee is empowered to bind or represent the Commission.
- All committees report directly to the Commission and will make recommendations for review and decision(s).
- Police Act, RSA 2000, cP-17
- Appendix B – EPC Meeting Procedures