The Commission will be receiving a presentation at its May 20th public meeting
from the Edmonton Police Service on the DIVERSIONfirst program.
The DIVERSIONfirst program helps to redirect youth away from the criminal justice
system and takes a restorative justice approach. It also provides for an individualized
approach and includes providing the youth and their families with community connection
Other items on the agenda include:
- News Media Dashboard: This report outlines the tool the Edmonton Police
Service will use that would allow media outlets to access police calls for service.
- 2020 Criminal Flight Events Annual Report: This annual report captures
criminal flight data and the Service’s analysis of this data to better understand
criminal flight event factors and results.
Edmonton Police Commission Public Meeting
Thursday, May 20th @ 12:00 p.m.
The agenda is posted online along with supporting documents on Wednesday, May 19th.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, members of the media can call in using the Zoom
meeting app specifically set up for your participation or the general Zoom number
for the public which only allows you to view the meeting.
For scheduling purposes, there will be time set aside at the meeting for members
of the media to each ask one question of the Chief of Police or the Chair of the
Edmonton Police Commission. Further questions can be asked after the meeting
directly to the EPS Media Branch or Edmonton Police Commission office.
If you wish to participate please use the following instructions:
- Pre-register with the Edmonton Police Commission by the deadline of May
20th at 10:00 a.m. at 780-414-7510 or via email to:
- Please note that the Commission phone line and/or email may not be
monitored after 10:00 a.m.
- Once registered you will receive participant information which will include a
- When registering, please provide the phone number or email address you
will be participating with so you can be identified on the software platform
used to conduct the meeting.
- Join the meeting at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time so that
your name and news organization can be added to the list to be able to ask
- If you or your organization only wish to view the meeting and not ask
questions there is no need to pre-register. You can view the meeting at the
following Zoom link:
or you can call in at the following number: 1 587 328 1099 Webinar ID: 867 9373 2583
- Passcode: 410149