Commissioners represent the general public and are encouraged to attend functions and network throughout the community to maintain strong relationships with individuals and groups within the city of Edmonton.
- The Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) will establish an annual budget for Commissioner attendance at functions or events at the beginning of each year.
- Commissioners are entitled to payment or reimbursement for travel and other associated costs related to attending special functions in accordance with EPC policy 5.7 – Expenses.
- All Commissioners are encouraged to attend the following functions:
- EPC Citizen Awards Ceremony
- Joint EPC/EPS Open House
- Edmonton Police Service Regimental Ball
- Edmonton Police Association Retirement and Awards Banquet
- Alberta Police and Peace Officers’ Memorial Event
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce Mayor’s State of the City Luncheon
- The Chair will determine if attendance at other events or functions is warranted.
- then that Commissioner must make every effort to find another Commissioner to replace them.
- Barring extraordinary circumstances, as approved by the Chair, the Commission will not pay for no-shows or last minute cancellations.
- EPC Policy 5.6.2 – Expenses and Travel Reimbursement