Building access cards permit access to Edmonton Police Service (Service) and Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) buildings and are used to help identify authorized persons accessing these facilities.
- All members of the Commission share the responsibility for observing security procedures when accessing any Service building and Commission office.
- All Commission staff and Commissioners will be issued a Service Building Access Card once the appropriate security clearance has been obtained.
- All Commission staff and Commissioners must wear the Service’s access card in a visible position while in attendance at any of their facilities.
- All building access cards must not be loaned to anyone for any reason, including family, friends, or associates.
- Any lost or missing access cards must be reported to the Executive Director immediately.
- The Executive Director will immediately report any lost or missing access cards that belong to the Service to the IT Help Desk.
- All building access cards must be returned to the Executive Director when a staff member ceases employment or a Commission member’s appointment expires.
- Edmonton Police Service Building Access Cards, Photo Identification Cards, and Warrant Cards Procedure – EF2-2PR
- Edmonton Police Service Facilities Access Control Procedure – EF2-1PR