The Edmonton Police Commission (the “Commission) is required under the Police Act and the City of Edmonton Bylaw 14040 (Edmonton Police Commission Bylaw) to elect a member to act as Chair and another member to act as Vice Chair at the first meeting of the Commission in each calendar year.
- At the Annual General Commission meeting held each year the Commission shall elect from among their members a Chair and a Vice Chair using the procedures outlined in Appendix D – Election Procedures.
- A Commission member who is also a member of Edmonton City Council or an employee of the municipality is not eligible to be elected as Chair or Vice Chair.
- Police Act, RSA 2000, c P-17
- City of Edmonton Bylaw14040 – Edmonton Police Commission Bylaw
- Appendix D – Edmonton Police Commission Election Procedures