As required by the City of Edmonton policy C575C – Agencies, Boards and Commissions, the Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) will provide recommendations to City Council (Council) on the re-appointment of Commissioners.
- Commission members are to be appointed on the basis of their skills and experience in a decision making capacity.
- Re-appointments to the Commission will be at the pleasure of Council, regardless of the length of term of appointment.
- Re-appointments will be made up to a maximum of six consecutive years, unless otherwise directed by Council.
- The Chair of the Commission shall evaluate each Commissioner and submit recommendations to Council on the re-appointment of all Commissioners, other than the Chair. This report is to contain relevant information such as: background of current member, time commitment and attendance, existing skill set and deficiencies, recommendation with respect to members eligible for re-appointment.
- The Chair shall provide each Commissioner with a copy of their evaluation and there commendation to be submitted to Council.
- The Commission as a whole shall, in the absence of the Chair, evaluate the Chair and submit a recommendation in respect to their re-appointment as a Commissioner.
- City of Edmonton Policy C575C – Agencies, Boards, Committees and Commissions