The Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) expects all employees to perform their duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- In order to ensure a high level of performance, regular performance reviews will be carried out.
- The objectives of these reviews are:
- to achieve Commission goals;
- to provide employees with a clear and concise understanding of their duties and responsibilities within their assigned jobs;
- to establish measuring tools by which the employee’s performance in completing their duties and responsibilities can be evaluated;
- to identify employee training and staff development needs; and
- to encourage employees to identify and overcome barriers which limit performance.
- The Commission will conduct at a minimum an annual review of the Executive Director, the Chief Internal Auditor, and the Chief of Police.
- The Executive Director will conduct at a minimum an annual review of all other Commission employees not listed in Guideline 3.
- The Executive Director is responsible for:
- ensuring that a job description exists for each employee
- appraising current performance levels and discussing performance expectations with the employee on an ongoing basis
- identifying areas of each job in which training is needed
- determine what future objectives/expectations they wish to set.