The Edmonton Police Commission (Commission) is committed to upholding the working relationship between the City of Edmonton Council (Council) and the Commission. The Commission acknowledges that communication is an essential element in this working relationship.
- The Commission will provide information as required or requested by Council or as directed by the Commission for Council’s consideration.
- The Commission shall approve any reports tabled with Council or any of its committees.
- The Chief of Police will ensure that the Commission is aware of, and informed about, any Edmonton Police Service presentations to City Council or any of its committees.
- The Chief shall notify the Commission as early as possible in advance of a sworn or non-sworn member of the Service appearing before Council or any of its committees.
- The Chief will ensure that Commission representatives are briefed prior to attending duly scheduled Service presentations.